Loneliness


Before you all assume, no, I am not lonely. I am actually quite happy. However, I am familiar with the feeling and I just thought I'd touch on the subject since I've felt lonely more than anyone really should. 

Feeling lonely doesn't mean you're physically alone, you can feel lonely in a group of people. It's really about who fills your spirit and can make you feel accompanied, appreciated and... welcomed. 

Loneliness sucks. It's blunt and common sense. No one likes to feel lonely - some may like to be alone but no one wants to feel lonely. 

So how do you cope? How do you survive feeling transparent in a crowd full of people?

Unfortunately I don't have a definitive answer. All I can do is give you advice on how to seem like you're no longer lonely, to distract yourself from the all too obvious feeling. 

1. Surround yourself with people you're most comfortable with. 
It's all about who you surround yourself with. If you're around people who overlook your comments and input then of course you're feeling lonely. You're being treated like you're invisible! 

Find people who will ask for your opinion and who are genuinely interested in your input. They're inviting and even if it's out of courtesy, it still feels nice to be appreciated. 

2. Find a hobby.
Find something that puts your mind at ease. Something that makes you think, I'm okay being alone doing this. It's a space for you to really think and have time to yourself without the dreary atmosphere. For me, I like to sketch with nice tunes playing. It's quiet and calming. 

3. Push your boundaries.
I know this may sound scary but you've gotta try it at some point. 

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." 

I'm all for staying with something safe and within my comfort zone but for all the times that I've pushed myself out of it, I've made some great memories. Sometimes you learn new things about yourself and you may even find a new best friend. It's all about positive thinking. 

Most people think feeling lonely can be solved just by acquiring someones presence but to me, loneliness is more than that. I believe in having to feel comfortable with yourself, by yourself, before anyone can fill that missing physical presence. 

Sure, it's nice to have someone but what happens when they're gone? It's only you who's left. Don't be that person who relies on someone else to be happy and feeling whole. It's not cute. 

Love yourself (no, I'm not referencing Justin Bieber), be happy and be confident. 

The cure to loneliness starts with you

To all you lonely, lost souls out there... it's time to put in the work to end this terrible feeling. You deserve to feel happy and confident. 

From one once-lonely person to another... it gets better. 

I know saying that doesn't help but that's what I mean. Just saying it won't help. You need to get out there and pursue the happiness you're looking for! 

We all deserve to be happy. 

What are your thoughts? 

xx
Christina

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Snap Widget

Activate